Message

Thank you so much for visiting my blog - please forgive me if I have not posted in a while, it does not mean that we are inactive. Actually it is quite the opposite, it means that I have just not had a chance to do so with all the farm activity going on, setting up my farm store, creating products, and keeping my Etsy Stores up to date. If you are interested in any of my products please visit my Etsy store at https://www.etsy.com/shop/RockGardenAlpacas or click on any of the product links in the blogs below.Thank you so much for visiting me here.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

New England Fiber Festival

I attended my first Fiber Festival this past weekend at The Big E in West Springfield, Massachusetts.

I didn't have enough product of my own so I was there assisting my good friend Denise of Ideuma Creek Alpacas with her products and experiencing the workings of a Fiber Festival.

It was quite exciting seeing all the artisans and their beautiful works with fiber from their animals; wool products, alpaca products, rabbit products, etc..  There were spinners, weavers, needle felting artists, fiber mills and studios, yarn store owners, etc.

During both days there were classes and demonstrations that you could attend on all the aspects of the fiber arts.

I attended a needle felting class where we were taught how to make a 2 dimensional Santa face.  It was truly fun and I got to bring home my creation!

 

Now my head is "spinning" with tons of ideas of things to make, classes to take and products I can sell.  Hopefully next year I will be selling my own products in a Fiber Festival somewhere?!


No comments:

Post a Comment