Message

Thank you so much for visiting my blog - please forgive me if I have not posted in a while, it does not mean that we are inactive. Actually it is quite the opposite, it means that I have just not had a chance to do so with all the farm activity going on, setting up my farm store, creating products, and keeping my Etsy Stores up to date. If you are interested in any of my products please visit my Etsy store at https://www.etsy.com/shop/RockGardenAlpacas or click on any of the product links in the blogs below.Thank you so much for visiting me here.

Friday, March 14, 2014

ART YARN Now Available in Rock Garden Alpacas Fiber Store


I have been spinning up a storm!

I have now added some new products to my Rock Garden Alpacas Fiber Etsy Store.

Art Yarn - Navajo Plyed - spun Thick and Thin - Bulky Yarns.

All of my yarns have been either fiber that after skirting I sent to the Mill to be processed into roving and then when returned; I spun it or, I have processed it right from shearing, skirting, washing, picking, blending/carding and then spinning.  See descriptions below each picture for more information.

All my products are sold thru my Rock Garden Alpacas Fiber Etsy Store, simply click on the picture of the product you are interested in and you will be redirected to it in my Etsy Store where you can follow the prompts from there.


Hand Processed - Hand Spun Alpaca - Navajo Ply - Merino Silk Top Blend Very Bulky Yarn - 4.7 oz. - 25 yds

This is 25 yds of Dark Silver Grey Alpaca; Grade 3 "Fine" fiber.. I personally skirted, washed, picked and carded it into a batt blending it with a Merino Silk Top blend of tones of brown. From there I spun it and then navajo plyed it into this Very Bulky, beautiful yarn perfect for your knitting projects, doll hair or 3D needle felting.   3 hours were spent spinning this soft fiber into 4.7 oz - 25 yds- very bulky weight - 4 WPI Yarn.


Hand Processed - Hand Spun Alpaca - Navajo Ply - Merino Silk Top Blend Very Bulky Thick/Thin Art Yarn - 3.4 oz. - 28 yds

This is 28 yds of White Alpaca fiber from our male alpaca Cosmo, a Full Accoyo, Huacaya with a micron count of 18.3. This is considered to be Grade 1 - Ultra Fine - Royal Baby fiber. I personally hand processed this fiber right from shearing to skirting, washing, picking and then carding it into a batt with a Merino Silk Top blend of smokey greys, blues and burgundys. From there I spun it and then navajo plyed it into this Very Bulky, thick/thin beautiful art yarn that can be used in knitting projects, 3D needlefelting or even doll hair.  3 hours were spent spinning this wonderfully soft fiber into 3.4 oz - 28 yds- very bulky weight/thick and thin/art yarn - 4 WPI. 


Hand Processed - Hand Spun Alpaca - Merino Silk Top - Navajo Plyed Thick/Thin Very Bulky Art Yarn - 4.9 oz. - 33yds

This is 33 yds of White Alpaca fiber from our male alpaca Cosmo, a Full Accoyo, Huacaya with a micron count of 18.3. This is considered to be Grade 1 - Ultra Fine - Royal Baby fiber. I personally hand processed this fiber right from shearing to skirting, washing, picking and then carding it into a batt. When carding it I blended it with a Merino Silk Top blend of Fall Colors which gave it this creamy white /light brown color tone with some slight hues of green and rust. From there I spun it and then Navajo plyed it into this beautiful art yarn that is spun thick and thin. It can be used in your knitting projects, 3D Needle Felting and even doll hair.  3 hours were spent spinning this wonderful soft fiber into 4.9 oz - 33 yds- Very Bulky weight/thick and thin/art yarn - 4 WPI.



Hand Processed - Hand Spun Alpaca - Navajo Ply - Merino Silk Top Blend Very Bulky Yarn - 7.4 oz. - 105 yds

This is 105 yds of White Alpaca fleece from the 2013 blanket of our female alpaca Sunflower a Full Accoyo, Huacaya whose micron count is 24.9; Grade 3 "Fine" fiber.. I personally hand processed this fiber right from shearing to skirting, washing, picking and then carding it into a batt and then blending it with a Merino Silk Top blend of tones of brown which gave it a creamy white/light brown color with hints of green and rust. From there I spun it and then navajo plyed it into this Very Bulky, beautiful yarn. 
6 hours were spent spinning this wonderfully soft fiber into 7.4 oz - 105 yds- very bulky weight - 6 WPI Yarn.



No comments:

Post a Comment