Message

Thank you so much for visiting my blog - please forgive me if I have not posted in a while, it does not mean that we are inactive. Actually it is quite the opposite, it means that I have just not had a chance to do so with all the farm activity going on, setting up my farm store, creating products, and keeping my Etsy Stores up to date. If you are interested in any of my products please visit my Etsy store at https://www.etsy.com/shop/RockGardenAlpacas or click on any of the product links in the blogs below.Thank you so much for visiting me here.

Friday, March 14, 2014

NEW Hand Spun Yarns in Rock Garden Alpacas Fiber Store!


I have been having so much fun spinning away here at the farm!  

I have been spinning alpaca roving that I received back from the Mill after I sent it there for processing; or spinning from batts that I personally processed right from shearing, skirting, washing, picking, and carding/blending.  I then plyed them with Kidsilk Haze - 70% Mohair and 30% Silk - to make these unbelievable soft and lofty yarns.  For full descriptions see information under each picture below.  

All of my fiber products are sold thru my Rock Garden Alpacas Fiber Etsy Store simply click on the picture of the product you are interested in.  You will be redirected to it in my Store where you can follow the prompts from there.

Hand Processed - Hand Spun Alpaca - Merino Silk Top - 2 ply w/kidsilk haze - 5.3 oz. - 165yds
This is 165 yds of White Alpaca fiber from our male alpaca Cosmo, a Full Accoyo, Huacaya with a micron count of 18.3. This is considered to be Grade 1 - Ultra Fine - Royal Baby fiber. I personally hand processed this fiber right from shearing to skirting, washing, picking and then carding it into a batt with a Merino Silk Top blend of smokey greys, blues and burgundys. From there I spun it and then plyed it with 70% Mohair, 30% Silk, cream colored Kidsilk Haze to make this unbelievably soft, lofty, beautiful yarn.  5 hours were spent spinning this luxuriously soft fiber into 5.3 oz - 165 yds- bulky weight - 10 WPI Yarn.

Hand Spun Alpaca - 2 ply w/kidsilk haze - 5.5 oz. - 226 yds

This is 226 yds of White Alpaca fiber from the combined 1 yr (2012) and 2 yr (2013) prime blanket fleeces of our male alpaca Cosmo, a Full Accoyo, Huacaya whose micron count at age 1 was 16.6 and is currently at age 2, 18.3. This is considered to be Grade 1 - Ultra Fine - Royal Baby fiber. I sent this fiber from his prime blanket out to be Mill Processed into roving after he was shorn and I had skirted his fiber. From there I spun it and then plyed it with 70% Mohair, 30% Silk, cream colored Kidsilk Haze to make this unbelievably soft, lofty, beautiful yarn. It is an absolute dream!  6 hours were spent spinning this luxuriously soft fiber into 5.5 oz - 226 yds- bulky weight - 10 WPI Yarn.

Hand Spun Alpaca - 2 ply w/kidsilk haze - 4.7 oz. - 222yds

This is 222 yds of Light Beige Alpaca fiber from the grade 3 blanket of a neighboring alpaca farm. I had this Mill processed into roving and then I spun it and then plyed it with 70% Mohair, 30% Silk, cream colored Kidsilk Haze to make this unbelievably soft, lofty, beautiful yarn.  6 hours were spent spinning this luxuriously soft fiber into 4.7 oz - 222 yds- bulky weight - 10 WPI Yarn

Hand Processed - Hand Spun Alpaca - Merino Silk Top - 2 ply w/kidsilk haze Thick/Thin Art Yarn - 3.5 oz. - 91yds

This is 91.5 yds of White Alpaca fiber from our male alpaca Cosmo, a Full Accoyo, Huacaya with a micron count of 18.3. This is considered to be Grade 1 - Ultra Fine - Royal Baby fiber. I personally hand processed this fiber right from shearing to skirting, washing, picking and then carding it into a batt with a Merino Silk Top blend of smokey greys, blues and burgundys. From there I spun it and then plyed it with 70% Mohair, 30% Silk, cream colored Kidsilk Haze to make this unbelievably soft, lofty, beautiful art yarn that is spun thick and thin.  4 hours were spent spinning this luxuriously soft fiber into 3.5 oz - 91.5 yds- bulky weight/thick and thin/art yarn - 10 WPI Yarn. 

Hand Spun Alpaca - 2 ply w/kidsilk haze - 4.2 oz. - 136 yds

This is 136 yds of Medium Rose Grey Alpaca fiber from the grade 3 blanket of a neighboring alpaca farm. I had this Mill processed into roving and then I spun it and then plyed it with 70% Mohair, 30% Silk, black colored Kidsilk Haze to make this unbelievably soft, lofty, beautiful yarn.  4 hours were spent spinning this luxuriously soft fiber into 4.2 oz - 136 yds- very bulky weight - 8 WPI Yarn. 


Hand Processed - Hand Spun Alpaca - 2 ply w/kidsilk haze Thick/Thin Art Yarn - 4.2 oz. - 78 3/4 yds

This is 78 3/4 yds of Dark Silver Grey Alpaca fiber from our male alpaca Masquerade, a Full Peruvian, Huacaya with a micron count of 20.5. This is considered to be Grade 2 - Superfine Fine - fiber. I personally hand processed this fiber right from shearing to skirting, washing, picking and then carding it into a batt. From there I spun it and then plyed it with 70% Mohair, 30% Silk, cream colored Kidsilk Haze to make this unbelievably soft, lofty, beautiful art yarn that is spun thick and thin.  3 1/2 hours were spent spinning this luxuriously soft fiber into 4.2 oz - 78 3/4 yds- very bulky weight/thick and thin/art yarn - 6 WPI Yarn.


Hand Spun Alpaca - 2 ply w/kidsilk haze - 5.4 oz. - 204yds

This is 204 yds of Black Alpaca fiber from the grade 3 blanket - (23 - 25.9 microns) - of a neighboring alpaca farm. I had this Mill processed into roving and then I spun it and then plyed it with 70% Mohair, 30% Silk, royal blue colored Kidsilk Haze to make this unbelievably soft, lofty, beautiful yarn.  3.5 hours were spent spinning this luxuriously soft fiber into 5.4 oz - 204 yds- bulky weight - 9 WPI Yarn. 


Hand Spun Alpaca - 2 ply w/kidsilk haze - 4.5 oz. - 174yds

This is 174 yds of White Alpaca fiber from our girl "Sunflower" whose micron count is between 23 - 25.9 and considered - Grade 3 - Fine I had this Mill processed into roving and then I spun it and then plyed it with 70% Mohair, 30% Silk, violet colored Kidsilk Haze to make this unbelievably soft, lofty, beautiful yarn.  3 hours were spent spinning this luxuriously soft fiber into 4.5 oz - 174 yds- bulky weight -9 WPI Yarn. 


Hand Spun Alpaca - 2 ply w/kidsilk haze - 4.2 oz. - 211yds

This is 211 yds of Dark Fawn Alpaca fiber from our girl "Ivy" whose micron count is 23.6 - Grade 3. I had this Mill processed into roving and then I spun it and then plyed it with 70% Mohair, 30% Silk, beige colored Kidsilk Haze to make this unbelievably soft, lofty, beautiful yarn.   3 hours were spent spinning this luxuriously soft fiber into 4.2 oz - 211 yds- worsted weight -11 WPI Yarn.


No comments:

Post a Comment