Message

Thank you so much for visiting my blog - please forgive me if I have not posted in a while, it does not mean that we are inactive. Actually it is quite the opposite, it means that I have just not had a chance to do so with all the farm activity going on, setting up my farm store, creating products, and keeping my Etsy Stores up to date. If you are interested in any of my products please visit my Etsy store at https://www.etsy.com/shop/RockGardenAlpacas or click on any of the product links in the blogs below.Thank you so much for visiting me here.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Log Cabin Alpacas Fiber Now Available In My Etsy Store

Log Cabin Alpacas is in Harpursville, NY and is owned and operated by Karen Clark and Helen Harris.

They have approximately 30 or more alpacas - many award winning - and I was fortunate enough to acquire some of their fleece for my Etsy Store.  

Click on any of the pictures below and you will be re-routed to that item in my store. Click on the alpaca names for more information on them.

I handcrafted these rolags using the fiber from 3 of their wonderful alpacas, Zebulon, Zyanna and Renaizance

       2.0 oz Hand Blended Rolags - All Natural Medium Fawn Alpaca blended w/ All Natural Light Fawn and All Natural White Alpaca


Both of these rolags I made from their boy Gus's (Augustus) fiber:

2.4 oz Handcrafted Rolags - All Natural Black Alpaca w/ 100% Pure Merino Top Hand Dyed Malabrigo Nube - Pink & Purple and Purple Bamboo Top                   2.5 oz Handcrafted Rolags - All Natural Black Alpaca blended w/ 100% Pure Merino Top Hand Dyed Malabrigo Nube - Pink & Purple


I combined Gus's and Zyanna's fiber to create these rolags:

2.0 oz Hand Blended Rolags - All Natural Medium Fawn Alpaca blended w/ All Natural Black Alpaca

Zyanna's fiber was combined with Merino Top in this rolag:

2.5 oz Handcrafted Rolags - All Natural Medium Fawn Alpaca blended w/sandalwood colored Merino Top

Zyanna's beautiful fiber is also available in 1 oz and 4 oz packages of roving:


1 oz. Alpaca Light Fawn 100% Natural Prime Roving from Log Cabin Alpacas "Zyanna" For Spinning, Nuno Felting or Needle Felting                    4 oz. Alpaca Light Fawn 100% Natural Prime Roving from Log Cabin Alpacas "Zyanna" For Spinning, Nuno Felting or Needle Felting

I hand processed the fiber from Zebulon into carded batts utilizing his all natural fiber:

Hand Processed and Handcrafted - 100% Natural Medium Fawn Alpaca Fiber Carded Batt 2 Pack 5.5 oz.

and then combining his fiber with tropical color firestar and black diamond merino top:

Handcrafted - 100%  Med. Fawn Alpaca Fiber Blended w/Tropical Colored Firestar/Black Diamond Merino Top - Carded Batt - "Sparkly" 2.1 oz.

Last but not least is a light silver grey carded batt from Storm blended with black bamboo top and silver angelina:

Hand Processed/Handcrafted - All Natural Lt. Silver Grey Alpaca Blended w/Black Bamboo Top/Silver Angelina Carded Batt Sparkly 2 Pack 3.7oz

I absolutely love working with their fiber and will keep you updated with new items as I create them!

Thank you Karen and Helen!!




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete